Discover the world of oaklandtactical.com with two effortless options! Select "SHOP HOWELL LOCATION" to explore our physical store or browse our categories to uncover our vast warehouse selection. Our warehouse inventory showcases available stock for items that can be yours in just a few days or less. Enjoy free shipping, no NFA or firearm transfer fees when you collect items from our Howell Michigan store. Silencers and NFA items, kickstart your Form 4 processing upon product delivery! If you can't find the product you're after, call us at 810-991-1436 for a no cost no-obligation special order. Don't miss out on hard-to-find products!
Guns are a complex and controversial topic in the United States and around the world, but not at Oakland Tactical. There are many different types, uses, and laws related to guns, and they have a significant impact on society, culture, and politics. Here are some facts and information about guns that you might find interesting or useful in your pursuit of purchasing a firearm:
- A gun is a weapon that fires projectiles at high speeds using different materials, such as gunpowder, compressed air, or electromagnetism. Guns can be used for hunting, self-defense, sport, recreation, or repelling crime.
- The history of guns begins in 10th-century China, when bamboo tubes containing gunpowder and pellets were mounted on spears to make fire lances. These devices evolved into metal-barreled hand cannons in the 13th century, and then spread throughout Eurasia in the 14th century.
- The three main types of guns are rifles, shotguns, and handguns. Rifles are long guns that fire bullets from a rifle barrel, which makes them more accurate over long distances. Shotguns are long guns that fire shells containing multiple pellets or slugs, which makes them more effective at short ranges. Handguns are short guns that can be held and fired with one or both hands, which makes them more portable and concealable.
- Guns can have different actions, which are the mechanisms that load, fire, and eject cartridges or shells. Some common actions are single-action, double-action, bolt-action, lever-action, pump-action, semi-automatic, and fully automatic, our personal favorite.
- Guns can fire different calibers, which are the sizes of the bullets or shells they use. Calibers are usually measured in millimeters or inches, and can vary in diameter, length, weight, shape, and power. Some common calibers are .22 LR, 9mm Luger, .45 ACP, .223 Remington, .308 Winchester, 12 gauge, and .50 BMG.
- Guns have different uses and purposes depending on the type, action, caliber, and accessories of the gun. Some guns are designed for hunting specific animals or game birds. Some guns are designed for self-defense against human or animal threats. Some guns are designed for sport shooting or target practice. Some guns are designed for military or law enforcement use. Some guns are designed for collecting or historical interest.
- Guns are regulated by different laws at the federal, state, and local levels in the United States. These laws vary widely in scope and enforcement across the country. Some laws require background checks, permits, licenses, registrations, or waiting periods for buying or owning guns. Some laws restrict the types, actions, calibers, capacities, features, or accessories of guns that can be owned or carried. Some laws prohibit certain people from owning or possessing guns based on their criminal history, mental health status, age, or other factors. All gun laws are technically unconstitutional, but we are here because of the misuse of local, state, and federal legislative powers.